I found out I was pregnant on November 29, 2009. I was super excited and ready for another baby! My son at the time had just turned 17 months and, although it was a surprise, was ready for baby number 2! I went in April to find out the sex of our baby and was told IT'S A GIRL!!!! HOORAY is all I could think of, then the nurse asked if I was interested in being tested for genetic disorders in the baby. I said no, but my mother informed me it was better to be prepared then not to be, just in case.. I figured no matter what the result would be, this is my daughter, Ashlynn Ja'Kobi Curista Nicole Barnes. She's mine, no matter what. Then the daydreams of cheer leading, gymnastics, school, sleep overs began. As a mother, we all dream of who and what our children will be when they get older. I received a phone call from my OBGYN stating that I needed to come in and discuss my test results, their was some abnormal results. I then remembered telling my husband that their was something different and wrong with this pregnancy. I just thought it was nerves, until I went to hear what the doctors had to say. He informed my husband and I that our results for Down Syndrome had came back abnormal, that there is a chance it could have been wrong. He wanted us to go to a Geneticist to receive an amino. So, we went and waited and waited for the results. A week felt like a year to me and I was very uneasy and worried. I received a call back and was informed that my daughter would be born with Downs and that I had to continue to see the Geneticist because I was considered to be high risk now. Here are some ultrasound pics of Ashlynn and some pics of me being preggo.
No comments:
Post a Comment